Friday, October 8, 2010

Potato and Oyster Mushroom curry

Cooking doesn't appear interesting to me all the time.. So, once in a while, when I feel tempted to cook, I make sure it tastes good..
And somehow, mushrooms have been my favourite experiment at cooking.. Of the two three varieties I tried, I felt todays' is the best.. So, here is the recipe for you.


Ingredients:
1 Onion ( halved and sliced big)
2 Tomatoes ( big sized, sliced)
Oyster Mushrooms ( 8 - 10 )
Cilantro leaves (½ cup finely chopped)
Potatoes (Cut into small dice)
Salt to taste
Garam masala
Chill Powder
Turmeric Powder
Cooking Oil
Let's get started. 
1. Heat oil in a pan, add onions and cilantro leaves and fry them till they become soft and translucent.
2. Add mushrooms, spices and salt and saute for 5 to 6 minutes till the mushroom splash water.. 
3. Splash water if the spices seem to get dry.
4. Now add tomatoes, potatoes and ½ cup water to it and cook under medium flame for around 7 minutes.
5. Simmer the stove once bubbles are seen and allow it to cook under low flame for 20 minutes., so that the potatos and mushrooms get cooked.



Your potato and oyster mushroom curry is now ready to serve. 
It tastes great with rotis, and rice. Try it.. I am sure you will love it.. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment